One of the most important skills you can learn is self confidence.
It's a bit different from confidence.
According to Wikipedia:
Confidence is a feeling of self-assurance arising from an appreciation of one’s own abilities or qualities
I couldn't find the definition of self confidence on Wikipedia which assumes that they believe it's the same thing as confidence.
Self-confidence is being secure in yourself and your abilities. It’s your ability to trust yourself, knowing that you can experience any emotion without being harmed.
In this podcast you'll learn how to build supreme self confidence. Yes, it's something you practice and learn!
Listen to this week's episode
What you’ll learn in this podcast
- The difference between confidence and self confidence
- Why traditional advice on how to become more confident doesn't work
- How to practice self confidence
- The most important question you can ask yourself when you're in the midst of a difficult task and you feel like giving up
- A simple exercize you can do each day to build your self confidence
Links mentioned in this episode
- Previous podcast episode: How to feel better
- Previous podcast episode: Coaching yourself and being coached
- Video: why feelings of discomfort are essential to growth
- Want to know how to apply these concepts to style? Read my article on how to build confidence
Have you already mastered the skill of self confidence? If not, I encourage you to do this simple exercise.
Each day this week do something that scares you. It can be something small or big. It's just something that you don't really want to do because you don't know how, you're afraid about how it will make you feel or you think you can't do it.
I'd love to hear what you did and what the end result was! Let me know in a comment below.
Subscribe to the podcast and review in iTunes
Want to make sure you never miss an episode of all the transformational tips and inspirational episodes I share with you? You can subscribe for free to the podcast on Apple podcast. New episodes will then be automatically downloaded into your podcast player. Click here to subscribe.
If you want to do me a huge favor, I would love it if you can review the podcast on iTunes. Reviews help give the podcast visibility so I can inspire more people and will also let me know that I’m on the right track (I love reading your reviews!). You can submit your review here. Confused about how to submit a review, read some instructions here.
Let me know your feedback
What did you learn from this episode?
What are topics you would love me to address in future episodes?